Auto Insurance Claims: Car Accident, fractured eye socket, subdural hematoma


face picture from acci
I was involved in a car accident where the car hit mine which hit me while i was checking the engine. So i was standing in front of my car. My car was on the side of the highway as far as it could get. His insurance company totaled and paid me for the car but the personal injury claim is what i am wondering about. I have no idea how far i was thrown due to the passengers in his car picked me up out of the road to avoid more injuries from passing vehicles. however; I received the following....

A fractured nose, a fractured eye socket, a fractured cheek bone; a subdural hematoma on the brain, a hemerage in my right eye, a broken 5th metacarpal on my left hand (which will never heal right) loss of use of my left pinky (ie. will always have issues with it) scars on my right leg, hand and face. and no memory of the accident or where it took place. I can remember little things like being moved, what happened before the accident but not the accident itself, bits and pieces of the hospitals they took me to. I do not work as i was already disabled due to fibromyalgia resulting from a prior back injury. but now i am nervous wen someone esle drives and i literally cry if i have to drive in the rain or snow. ( the car accident happened when it was snowing)

How much does someone usually get in a settlement like this. I am not looking for a specific figure here i just need to get a low end amount so i can know what to expect as i have things i need to figure out.

Thank you very much for your help in this matter :)

Hi Laura-lee,

I'm very sorry you are going through this. I hope all will be ok.

Considering the extent of your injuries, I would say that your claim should be worth at least 5 times the total amount of all your medical bills.

You should visit . This website will help you develope a demand package to submit to the insurance company. It also has a claim calculator that will help you determine a high and low value of your claim based on the information you enter.

If you find the claim process too difficult or the insurance company does not treat you fairly, then you should seek the advice of an attorney.

I hope this helps
Richard Hixenbaugh